Some of a kid’s best memories can come from having sleepovers with their friends. Maybe your child is having their first sleepover and you want it to be special or maybe they have had a hundred. You can never go wrong with adding a theme!
Here are three super fun themes that are easy to create.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and, as an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission if you purchase through them. See my full disclaimer for more information.
The Campout Sleepover
Camping is always an adventure and if you don’t want to do outside, recreating the camping experience inside is just as fun!
Here are the items to include:
- A tent, teepee, or build a fort
- Sleeping bags, blankets, and pillow
- Folding chairs or comfy chairs
- Smores dessert (you can get smores kits for indoors here)
- A fun kid camping movie (if you have a projector, it’s more fitting)
- Camping activities like games, coloring, or yard games
- Food can include things like hamburgers, hot dogs, popcorn, and chips
You can also see my post on 15 great family movies, if you need help picking a movie.
The Glow Party
Who doesn’t love glow stuff? Making a “glow” theme is super cheap and fun. You can even incorporate some music and make it a glow dance party!
Some things to incorporate are:
- Glow items (sticks, necklaces, bracelets)
- LED light up items (rings, headbands, glasses)
- Fun colored lights (disco, black light, rotating)
- Glow crafts (puff paint, markers, stickers)
- Music and/or speaker
- White shirts
- Foods with “glow” packaging
The Spa Night
What girl doesn’t love a spa experience? This one can make for a super special first sleepover and the best is, you can enjoy too!
Don’t forget these:
- Face masks and cucumbers
- Head towels and robes
- Glitter tattoos and Makeup
- Nail polish and dryer
- Bowls for soaking
- Cute hair clips and bows
- Finger foods like mini sandwiches, pretzels, strawberries, and chocolate
- A fun “girly” movie
Hopefully these themes have sparked some interest and gotten your creative juices flowing. Have fun with it and enjoy the experience!
-Kristy M., Mommy to Many