Buying a gift for a baby shower can be tough, especially if you don’t have kids of your own. The parents “to be” tend to end up with five blankets, tons of clothes, and hopefully some diapers.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and, as an Amazon Associate, I may receive a small commission if you purchase through them. See my full disclaimer for more information.
So, what is the best gift to give at a baby shower? Here is my top five:
- The essentials gift bundle. Now I’m not talking about shampoo and soap. I’m talking about the stuff new parents don’t always think about. The Tylenol, the gas drops, the teething tabs, the diaper cream, etc. There is nothing worse than waking up to a baby with a 103-degree fever and realizing you don’t have infant Tylenol. This is literally the gift that parents didn’t know they needed and not to mention it tends to be the more expensive stuff.
- A gift card. I know this seems so straight forward and not personal but, it really is much needed. Usually, parents get a discount to get whatever is left on their registry at the end. So, getting a gift card to the place they are registered is a great option. You can always give a little toy or outfit with it.
- Something off the registry. Parents add stuff to their registry because that’s what they want. It’s the stuff they want to try, think is cute, and want people to buy for them. So, if all else fails, get something off their registry.
- Diapers. Diapers are always needed. I don’t care if it’s cloth or disposable. A baby has to wear a diaper and you can never have enough. They are expensive! Make sure you get the kind that the parents “to be” want to use. Don’t get any other brand than what they asked for! This is a sensitive topic for most, believe it or not.
- A unique item. If you want to get something different, try a little baby boutique. Get something like a toy you can’t find at a normal retail store. It’s always fun to have something people can’t just get anywhere.
You can also print out my post on things to start early with kids and put it in their card but, go ahead and shop away! 🙂
-Kristy M., Mommy to Many